Friendship Retirement Community is arguably the most comprehensive senior neighborhood in the Roanoke Valley that offers extensive range of retirement living options to the retirees. Be it enthralling independent living, convenient assisted living or amazing health and rehabilitation services – your life at the Friendship Retirement Community is always a comfortable and enjoyable one.
Friendship Retirement Community is known for its wonderful services and its professional and skilled staffs who take care of all your needs to make your life a truly soothing one. Besides these, Friendship Retirement Community also boasts of Residents’ Center featuring an indoor pool, game tables, exercise room, arts and crafts, library, computer lab, chapel and kitchen. While in Friendship Retirement Community, you also have a range of retirement living options to choose from.
Independent Living in Friendship Retirement Community is truly amazing. You can choose from the 26 floor plans in various apartments, houses and townhouses. As a resident, you get access to the wonderful Residents’ Center where you can use the fitness room, indoor pool, library and computer lab. If you intend to host a party, you can use the 2,300 sq. ft. banquet room that comes with a kitchen. The other features of Independent Living at Friendship Retirement Community include:
Outpatient therapy clinic
- Beauty shop
- Eye clinic
- On-campus dialysis center
- Walking trails
- Bus and van transportation
- Wellness services
- On-campus pharmacy
- Additional services like laundry, cleaning, shopping, meal preparation etc.
You can choose this living option if you need some help for daily activities. Your accommodation comes with various privileges including weekly housekeeping, bus transportation, linen service, laundry service, meal, emergency call system, and various supervised activities. As a resident of the Assisted Living at Friendship Retirement Community, you can also use the beauty saloon and the wonderful dining room. There is also an on-campus dialysis center at Friendship Retirement Community. Physical, occupational and speech therapy programs are also there for the residents.
Skilled and Long-term Care
This living option is for those who are in need of long-term care due to their illness. There is a 373-bed Health and Rehab Center in Friendship Retirement Community, which is aimed to provide nursing care services to the residents. The skilled nursing and healthcare services offered by the Friendship Retirement Community include:
Rehabilitation & Orthopedic Services
- Alzheimer’s Care
- Palliative Care
- Cardiac Rehab
- Fresenius Dialysis
The rehabilitation services offered by the Friendship Retirement Community are considered as one of the most comprehensives in Southwest Virginia and are open to all the residents of Friendship and the general community as well. Following services are offered:
- Physical Therapy – Orthopedic Rehab, Vestibular Therapy, Gait Assessment, Neuromuscular Re-education, Aquatic Rehab, Manual Therapy etc.
- Occupational Therapy – Self-care Training, Functional Mobility Training, Adaptive Equipment Recommendations, Compensatory Training, Rehab Driving, Wheelchair Seating/Mobility Assessment, Home Safety Assessment etc.
- Speech / Language Pathology – Voice Therapy, Communication Training, Augmentative Communication, Cognitive Training, Assistive Listening Devices, Dementia Staging, Swallowing Therapy etc.
- Outpatient Therapy
Physical Therapy – Orthopedic Rehab, Neurological Rehab, Pain Relief/Control, Therapeutic Massage, Aquatic Therapy, Strength & Flexibility, Vestibular Rehab, Edema Management, Lymphedema etc.
- Occupational Therapy – Visual Perpetual Screening, Self-care Training, Community Re-entry Training, Low Vision Training, Upper Extremity Orthopedic Rehab etc.
- Speech / Language Therapy – Receptive Language Training, Hearing Screenings, Voice Therapy, Communication Training, Cognitive Training, Neuromuscular Simulation, Deep Pharyngeal etc.
- Wellness Services
Friendship Retirement Community
327 Hershberger Road